How We Use Information.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your Personal data?
- Consent – When you receive our promotional material, you consent that your Personal data will be processed by us and we rely on this consent. You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. We will stop to process data after consent is withdrawn, where consent is the only legal basis for processing.
- When you fulfill a contract – We will process your Personal data when you take steps to enter into a contract with us such as sign up for a free trial, use or purchase our service or products and for the performance of contract that you have entered with us.
- Legitimate Interest – We process your data when it is in our legitimate interests to do this and when these interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- Legal obligation – We may process your Personal data to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations such as preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies. Your data may be processed in order to satisfy the applicable law or enforceable governmental request. We use the information we collect about you to:
- Establish your account and provide the Services;
- Fulfill your requests and provide customized content to you;
- Communicate with you through email, notices posted on the website, and other means available through the Services.
- Create, tailor, deliver and study the effectiveness of advertising and promotional material both on and off of the Services, as well as for analytics (including as described in the Online Analytics, Advertising and Do-Not-Track section below);
- Improve the Services and to research and develop innovative features and new services;
- Provide feedback to third party businesses that are listed on the Services; and
- Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding unlawful or harmful activities, including potential threats to the physical safety of a person, potential fraud, and violations of our Terms of Service.
Advertising Technology Providers
Data about your activities on our Services may be collected by us or by advertising technology providers for use in delivering online advertising tailored to your individual characteristics, activities, interests and other factors. These ad services may track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the various technologies described above, and they may use this information, and other information they receive from us or other sources, to deliver advertisements to you on our website, our emails, and other websites. We and third-party vendors may use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together, and other automated technologies, and in some cases additional information, (i) to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Services or other factors and (ii) to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our Services or other factors.
You may visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out page (link is external)(link is external) or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Opt-Out page (link is external)(link is external) to opt out of receiving tailored advertising based on your Internet browsing activities from companies that participate in those programs. Some of our advertising-related activities may involve the services of companies that do not participate in those programs. For example, we use the Google AdWords remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our Website. You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page (link is external)(link is external). The opt-outs apply only to the browser in which you set them. For example, if you set the opt-out while using Firefox, but then use Chrome, the opt-out will not be active in Chrome. To opt out in Chrome, you will need to repeat the opt-out process.